Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to manage internal audits and reporting, prepare financial settlements and oversee Alliance Valley Bean accounting, in addition to other accounting responsibilities. This person should possess excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills; be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
- Establishes, maintains and/or reviews: proper accounting records; procedures and practices; monthly financial statements and accounting records in accordance with GAAP and ethical standards.
- Schedules CPA and other audits; manages process, reporting outcomes to SVP of Finance.
- Assists the Senior Vice President in preparing and/or reviewing the annual Budget, providing guidance to managers as needed.
- Manages all Alliance Valley accounting processes and practices, ensuring all are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares required state, local and government reports in conjunction with the Controller.
- Audits and evaluates operating agreements with other companies, financial accounting records of the cooperative and any associated organizations. Provides feedback and recommendations to SVP on issues and necessary actions.
- Participates in strategic and special projects.
- Oversees and/or completes special management reports and other designated accounting activities.
- Participates in appropriate professional organizations; attends conferences, workshops, and other training necessary to know best practices, identify current and future trends, and maintain / upgrade skill base.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related area with a minimum of 8 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; Certified Public Accounting license required; MBA preferred.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
● Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others
● Leadership Skills
● Understanding of financial and accounting policies along with regulatory requirements related to accounting practices
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Analytical Skills; able to conduct complex financial analysis
● Organizational Skills
● Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
● Computer skills
● Knows and follows company safety policies and practices.