Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to process bills and invoices as well as receiving incoming payments, posting all transactions and maintaining accounting records. This person will provide additional accounting and administrative support to the department as needed. This person should possess excellent customer service skills, have prior computer/office/accounting experience, and be detail-oriented.
● Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
Accounts Payable (50%)
● Reviews and processes invoices for payment. Ensures invoices are correct, identifies discrepancies and troubleshoots issues. Records credits, refunds, costs of lost or damaged goods, freight charges and other items. Reviews and adheres to coding manual for payables, posting vouchers, and processing daily checks.
● Maintains privacy of member account information.
● Maintain fixed asset records and balance to general ledger.
● Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and /or correct transactions
Accounts Receivable (50%)
● Posts daily counter slips and batches according to specific outlaying locations.
● Prepares and completes daily bank deposits. Processes wire transfers as needed from controller or staff accountant.
● Balances monthly receivables and coordinates process to insure timely completion.
● Prepares monthly customer statements
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
High School Degree with a minimum 2 years related clerical accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience working in agriculture preferred; experience working with computer office and accounting applications.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Works effectively in a team environment; works cooperatively and is willing to assist others
● Strong communication skills and interpersonal abilities
● Basic math and bookkeeping skills; basic understanding of financial and accounting policies and practices
● Organizational Skills
● Basic analysis skills
● Is detail oriented with a high degree of proficiency
● Takes accountability for knowing and complying with Cooperative Elevator’s safety program and all other workplace policies and procedures