Full-Time • Fairgrove, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to provide a broad variety of accounting and clerical support to the Plant Manager and Agronomy Division personnel. This person should have prior computer/office/clerical experience, possess excellent customer service skills and be detail-oriented. Basic agronomy knowledge helpful.
● Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
● Receives and directs phone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions and/or refers to other parties as necessary. Records and relays messages.
● Contacts and regularly communicates with key individuals and team members involved with fertilizer, chemical and seed distribution. Dispatches delivery to appropriate locations
● Prepares and maintains accounting documents, records and reports in a timely manner (i.e. scale tickets, PO’s, daily batch).
● Enters and maintains daily fertilizer, chemical and seed products sales data into system; assures all accounting/financial data functions are completed in accordance with established standards, policies and company procedures.
● Provides administrative support to Plant Manager. Informs management of area activities and significant issues.
Education and Experience
High School Graduate or GED with a minimum 1 year related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; advanced courses in business and accounting preferred; exposure to agriculture and agronomy is preferred; experience working with computers and different applications.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Excellent communication skills
● Works cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist team members and share knowledge and skills to advance team proficiency
● Ability to operate computers and general office equipment
● Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
● Good math and bookkeeping skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
● Works effectively in a fast-paced demanding environment