Full-Time • Ruth, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to perform seasonal custom fertilizer/chemical application, and general fertilizer plant operations. This person will work primarily in agronomy, but will also help in grain, bean, petroleum, or at Deckerville Grain as needed. Math and computer skills are important. Knowledge of variable rate technology (VRT) helpful. Being self-motivated and organized is a must! This position will require a commercial applicator’s license and a CDL with proper endorsements.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers.
- Performs seasonal custom liquid chemical or dry fertilizer applications; maintains application records
- Blends dry fertilizer and liquid fertilizer.
- Loads fertilizer, chemicals, and seed for patrons.
- Maintains sprayers, spreaders, vehicles, and other equipment
- Receives materials; will unload train cars or trucks.
- Make product deliveries.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment plant, shop, and/or yard.
- Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED with a minimum 1 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; valid driver’s license and CDL with endorsements required; state mandated licenses for plant protection applications and chemicals, i.e. spraying license; mechanical repair experience preferred.
Critical Success Factors
Positive Attitude; willingly takes on new challenges
Good customer service skills
Good math skills
Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
Good reading skills
Able to operate equipment safely and environmentally
Mechanical aptitude; able to perform preventative maintenance on equipment; able to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and repair
Adapts well to working in a fast-paced demanding environment
Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others