Full-Time • Gagetown, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to provide excellent customer service, and custom apply crop protection products and/or fertilizer for our farmer patrons . Great position for those who like operating equipment and being outside! Computer skills helpful; a CDL with the proper endorsements will be required.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers.
- Performs seasonal custom liquid chemical or dry fertilizer applications; maintains application records
- Blends dry fertilizer and liquid fertilizer.
- Loads fertilizer, chemicals, and seed for patrons.
- Maintains sprayers, spreaders, vehicles, and other equipment
- Receives materials; will unload train cars or trucks.
- Make product deliveries.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment plant, shop, and/or yard.
- Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED with a minimum 1 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; valid driver’s license and CDL with endorsements required; state mandated licenses for plant protection applications and chemicals, i.e. spraying license; mechanical repair experience preferred.
Critical Success Factors
Positive Attitude; willingly takes on new challenges
Good customer service skills
Good math skills
Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
Good reading skills
Able to operate equipment safely and environmentally
Mechanical aptitude; able to perform preventative maintenance on equipment; able to troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and repair
Adapts well to working in a fast-paced demanding environment
Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others