Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to provide a broad variety of accounting and clerical support to the Vice Presidents of Specialty & Grain and marketing department team members. This person should possess excellent customer service skills, have prior computer/office experience, and be detail-oriented. Basic commodity marketing knowledge helpful.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers. Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
- Works closely with marketing customer service team: monitors, evaluates, and appraises department productivity; and ensures training and development needs are met.
- Takes buy and sell orders from customers and communicates to in-house Marketing Specialists to complete transactions.
- Prepares and inputs bean/grain/organic contracts.
- Submits payments and tracks and troubleshoots or refers accounting documentation problems/discrepancies for resolution before submitting bean/grain transaction payments.
- Coordinates shipments with designated plant; coordinates with freight forwarder and or trucking transportation; sends out commodity samples for inspecting; assists in coordinating rail shipments; schedules Michigan Dept. of Agriculture inspections and prepares proper certificates prior to releasing of shipments.
- Works with IT to help create programming ideas and/or resolve concerns, as they relate to marketing customer service.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of customer complaints with VP’s, Marketing Specialists and/or Quality Control Manager.
- Serves as a resource of information to management and employees pertaining to all aspects of dry beans, grains and shipments.
- Works closely with accounting to ensure documents, records, and reports are prepared according to established standards, policies and procedures, and reviews for accuracy. Ensures work is completed on time. Maintains department files.
Education and Experience
High School Graduate with a minimum of 4 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; leadership skills helpful; understanding of, and experience in, dry bean and grain marketing; certifications as required by law.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Excellent communication skills
● Outstanding customer service skills
● Leadership skills
● Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others
● Demonstrates a high level of integrity and honesty
● Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
● Works effectively in a fast-paced demanding environment