Full-Time • Bad Axe, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to provide excellent customer service and perform general fertilizer plant operations. When not busy in fertilizer, this person may in other plant areas as needed. Good math and computer skills important. Being self-motivated and organized a must! This position will require a CDL with the proper endorsements.
● Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers.
● Unloads fertilizer railroad cars (liquid and/or dry).
● Fills tanks/wagons with liquid, and liquid fertilizers.
Assists customers in product pick-up, liquid protection load out, and blending.
● Maintains scale.
● Blends fertilizer by operating dry fertilizer blending equipment.
● Drives tender truck to deliver fertilizer/chemical products to customers and/or custom application rigs.
● Assists in maintaining equipment to ensure it’s in good working order.
● Maintains cleanliness of work area, shop, facility, and/or yard.
● Assists in other areas of facility as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience; some related experience preferred; certifications as required by law; a valid driver’s license and CDL with endorsements forklift experience and certification.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Good customer service skills
● Good communication skills
● Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others
● Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
● Good reading skills
● Good mechanical aptitude and skills
● Ability to be a self-starter; high level of initiative
● Able to operate forklift
● Ability to work in fast paced demanding environment