Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We have an immediate opening for a Millwright. This person will assist in the maintenance and construction of the company plants and equipment. Applicants should possess excellent mechanical skills and have experience/certification in welding, fabricating and with machining equipment. A CDL with the proper endorsements preferred.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Assists customers and troubleshoots issues.
- Assists with simple to complex plant repairs. Performs preventative maintenance throughout Cooperative Elevator and / or assigned plants by regularly conducting inspections in plants and on equipment.
- Performs on-call repairs at customer sites; troubleshoots problems, determines solution, and applies repair.
- Assists in building or on-site construction projects reading blueprints and project specs.
- Assists in cleaning and maintaining vehicles and work/shop areas.
Education and Experience
High School or GED with experience in field; vocational training in field work, machine repair, machining, math classes, and/or additional training from seminars; must receive all certifications to perform job; welding certification preferred; experience working with blueprints; a valid driver’s license; CDL with endorsements preferred; forklift experience and certification preferred.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges. Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Welding, wire & stick skills; able to use acetylene torch and plasma cutting tools; able to operate milling and steel lathes and machining equipment
- Ability to read and interpret fabrication layouts and blueprints
- Good customer service skills
- Excellent mechanical skills; able to effectively troubleshoot/repair processing equipment
- Ability to work in fast paced demanding environment
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
- Able to listen and accurately carry-out directions from supervisors; able to receive and appropriately act on input from co-workers
- Ability to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others