Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
Provides network /computer administration and support for Cooperative Elevator Co.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
- Regularly monitors and assists the Network Manager in maintaining the following:
- Network stability, integrity, connectivity and availability
- Network security and security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Networked servers such as file servers, e-mail and database systems
- Infrastructure routers, switches, software’s, and configuration settings to support the computing environment
- Monitors and maintains the following:
- LAN, WAN, WLAN, DNS, WINS, LDAP, DHCP, Group Policy management, and Microsoft Active Directory services
- System backups and recovery processes
- Troubleshoots, evaluates, repairs and upgrades company servers and peripheral hardware.
- Assists with the maintenance and documentation of network configurations, cabling layouts, and server hardware/software inventories.
- Implements networking solutions ensuring effective and efficient network operations.
- Provides Help Desk support, responding to incoming calls, e-mails, and after hours on-call support, regarding end-user computer issues, documenting problems and providing diagnosis and resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Network, Computer Science or other related technology field with a minimum of 3 to 5 years related experience in Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges; acts as change agent for company
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able work cooperatively in team environment; shares knowledge with team members; willing to assist others
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Highly motivated with propensity for taking initiative
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy
- Strong customer service orientation with ability to support remote users.
- Ability to conduct research into enterprise networking issues and products as required.
- Training and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting skills of computer equipment malfunctions; able to make minor repairs
- Acts and looks professional, positively advancing Cooperative Elevator’s image and reputation
- Knows and follows company safety policies and practices.
- Completes assigned projects in timely manner.