Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to promote, market and sell company specialty dry bean and grain programs, products and services through on-farm grower visits. Excellent customer service and communication skills required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum 1 years’ experience in business finance, grain marketing or related.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Ensures optimal service is provided to customers and needs are satisfactorily met. Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times. May advise customers or recommend specific actions, assisting them with business decisions related to Cooperative Elevator grain and dry bean specialty products and services.
- Offers grain and dry bean contracts/pools and discuss marketing information and programs while making on-farm grower visits.
- Provides current grain and dry bean marketing information to patrons and at marketing information meetings.
- Co-manages corn and soybean marketing pools.
- Responsible for corn screenings sales and shipments.
- Backup for hedge sales and grain division purchases.
- Establishes a database of contacts, including their storage capacity, crop rotation, etc.
- Records all appropriate documentation and follow up for each account.
- Ensures Field to Fork traceability and documentation.
- Keeps management updated of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Maintains privacy of account information.
- Participates in all procedure and safety training as assigned. Follows all job and safety procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements and established company safety policies and standards.
- Attends and participates in meetings as appropriated.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience with a minimum 1 years’ experience in business finance, grain marketing or related; a valid driver’s license.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Understanding of financial and accounting policies along with regulatory requirements related to accounting practices
- Works effectively in a team environment; is cooperative with other team members and is willing to assist others
- Time management skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills
- Computer skills
- Knows and follows company safety policies and practices.
- Presentation skills