Full-Time • Elkton, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to receive, process, grade, and ship dry bean or specialty products. This person would also clean, bag product, load totes and stack products. Customer service and computer skills a must.
● Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
● Receives, ships, cleans, stores, processes, and grades beans; bags beans, load totes, and stacks.
● Loads trucks and train cars.
● Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
● Assists in maintaining appropriate tolerant temperatures, checks silo’s aeration, and processing grades in acceptable tolerances.
● May assist in plant security.
● Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area and plant. Keeps equipment clean and presentable.
● Assists with maintenance and preventative maintenance of plant and equipment; assists with repairs.
● Drives truck between plants for pick up and/or delivery.
● Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
● Completes paperwork as needed.
● Participates in all procedure and safety training as assigned. Complies with all safety standards, working within safety regulatory safety guidelines or as established by Cooperative Elevator policies and procedures.
● Attends and participates in meetings as appropriated.
● Other duties as assigned. May participate in all or the majority of the below described duties in any type bean commodity on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
Education and Experience
High School or GED; some field experience preferred; a valid driver’s license and CDL with endorsements; forklift experience and endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
● Able to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others
● Good mechanical aptitude and skills; able to effectively operate various processing equipment and troubleshoot/repair equipment malfunctions
● Works effectively in fast paced, demanding environment
● Listens well and follows direction from supervisors; open to receive input from supervisors and co-workers following up with appropriate actions
● Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
● Good customer service skills
● Working knowledge of bean and grain commodities, cleaning, storage, processing, grading, and shipping
● Is a self-starter with high level of initiative
● Able to operate forklift
● Takes accountability for knowing and following Cooperative Elevator’s safety and all other work place policies and procedures