Full-Time • Ruth, MI
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional services to customers.
- Receives, cleans, and stores, bean and grain commodities; processes, grades, and ships grain/bean/fertilizer products.
- Loads/unloads trucks and train cars.
- Maintains and cleans all plant equipment. Maintains cleanliness of work area and facility.
- Assists in the storability of product by maintaining temperatures in tolerance, silo aeration in check, and processing grades in tolerances.
- Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Drives tender truck as needed.
- Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience; some experience with grading and processing tolerances of commodities preferred; valid driver’s license required and CDL with the proper endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Able to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills; able to effectively operate various processing equipment and troubleshoot/repair equipment malfunctions
- Works effectively in fast paced, demanding environment
- Listens well and follows direction from supervisors; open to receive input from supervisors and co-workers following up with appropriate actions
- Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
- Working knowledge of bean and grain commodities, cleaning, storage, processing, grading, and shipping
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative