Full-Time • Akron, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to receive, process, grade and ship grain or beans. This person will also load/unload trucks and rail cars; drive fertilizer tender or tandem to transfer grain/beans; assist with recordkeeping, housekeeping, and preventative maintenance, etc. Flexibility is key! Customer service and computer skills a must; CDL helpful. This person will work primarily in the grain/specialty areas of Akron and will also help at other plants as needed.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional services to customers.
- Receives, cleans, and stores, bean and grain commodities; processes, grades, and ships grain/bean/fertilizer products.
- Loads/unloads trucks and train cars.
- Maintains and cleans all plant equipment. Maintains cleanliness of work area and facility.
- Assists in the storability of product by maintaining temperatures in tolerance, silo aeration in check, and processing grades in tolerances.
- Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Drives tender truck as needed.Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience; some experience with grading and processing tolerances of commodities preferred; valid driver’s license required and CDL with the proper endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Able to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills; able to effectively operate various processing equipment and troubleshoot/repair equipment malfunctions
- Works effectively in fast paced, demanding environment
- Listens well and follows direction from supervisors; open to receive input from supervisors and co-workers following up with appropriate actions
- Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
- Working knowledge of bean and grain commodities, cleaning, storage, processing, grading, and shipping
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative