Full-Time • Sebewaing, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual to assist in all areas of the Sebewaing plant – to receive, process, grade and ship grain & dry beans, and to distribute fertilizer/chemical/seed. This person will also load/unload trucks and rail cars; assist with recordkeeping, housekeeping and preventative maintenance, etc. Flexibility is key! Customer service and computer skills a must; a CDL with the proper endorsements required.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional services to customers.
- Receives, cleans, and stores, bean and grain commodities; processes, grades, and ships grain/bean/fertilizer products.
- Loads/unloads trucks and train cars.
- Maintains and cleans all plant equipment. Maintains cleanliness of work area and facility.
- Assists in the storability of product by maintaining temperatures in tolerance, silo aeration in check, and processing grades in tolerances.
- Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Drives tender truck as needed.Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience; some experience with grading and processing tolerances of commodities preferred; valid driver’s license required and CDL with the proper endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Able to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills; able to effectively operate various processing equipment and troubleshoot/repair equipment malfunctions
- Works effectively in fast paced, demanding environment
- Listens well and follows direction from supervisors; open to receive input from supervisors and co-workers following up with appropriate actions
- Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
- Working knowledge of bean and grain commodities, cleaning, storage, processing, grading, and shipping
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative