Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We are looking for a qualified individual with strong leadership and organizational skills to supervise our colored bean plant team and facility operations. This person will work closely with the Specialty Operations Manager to manage plant activities and product. Prior supervisory experience required. A CDL with proper endorsements desired.
● Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers (internal and/or external). Clearly
and courteously communicates with customers promoting a positive company image at all times.
● Supervises plant team: monitors, evaluates, and appraises department productivity and employee
performance; assigns / schedules work and monitors progress; may participate in interviewing and
selection; ensures training and development needs are met; addresses complaints and resolves
problems with Specialty Operations Manager, provides feedback to employees.
● Approves employee timecards.
● Supervises facility operations. Works with Specialty Operations Manager to manage, coordinate,
and track shipping, receiving, storing / stocking and grading (as applicable) activities of product.
● Tracks, maintains and orders inventory of equipment and supplies; completes all necessary
● Tracks, monitors, and maintains inventory of product, ensuring high quality of product is
maintained; completes all necessary paperwork.
● Supervises and/or performs preventative maintenance of all plant machinery, equipment and
vehicles. Supervises and completes plant facility maintenance and cleanliness; coordinates with
maintenance; ensures all safety regulations/standards are met.
● Maintains housekeeping and maintenance records as applicable.
● Assists other plant/warehouse facilities as needed.
● Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current
certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
● Supervises truck pick-up and delivery between plants; may drive truck as needed.
● Informs and updates managements on issues and activities.
● Coordinates with Safety and Quality areas ensuring all company training programs in these areas
are delivered as needed.
● Supervises all work practices and procedures are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
● Attends and participates in meetings as appropriated.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in agronomy, agriculture, business, or other related field
with a minimum of 1 years’ progressive experience in agriculture related plants / operations or
equivalent combination of education and experience; some supervisory experience; valid driver’s
license – CDL licensure with endorsements; forklift experience with endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
● Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges; acts as
change agent for company
● Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills; able to establish a cooperative team
environment by exhibiting cooperative team behaviors; shares knowledge and skills with team
members; willing to assist others
● Strong communication, coaching and instructional skills
● Strong organizational and coordination skills
● Knowledge of related laws and regulations
● Presents a professional demeanor, advancing Cooperative Elevator’s image and reputation
● Excellent time-management and prioritization skills
● Takes initiative to stay informed of updates, changes, and trends in the industry
● Analytical with ability to interpret financial data
● Troubleshooting skills
● High integrity and honesty
● Knowledgeable of all aspects of farming
● Takes accountability for knowing, complying and communicating Cooperative Elevator’s safety
program and all other work place policies and procedures