Full-Time • Pigeon, MI
We have immediate openings for bean plant processors at the Colored Bean Plant – 3rd shift. (Currently 3rd shift is 8:30pm to 7:00am). This person will receive, process, grade and ship dry bean product. Also, bag beans, load totes and stack product. This person may work on other shifts at the CBP or work at other plants as needed. Computer skills and attention to detail a must; a CDL with the proper endorsements helpful.
Bean Plant Processor may participate in all or the majority of the below described duties in any type dry bean commodity on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift. Position posted currently is on 3rd shift.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and professional service to customers.
- Receives, ships, cleans, stores, processes, and grades beans; bags beans, load totes, and stacks.
- Loads trucks and train cars.
- Records all appropriate documentation and test results necessary to maintain all current certification standards and comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate tolerant temperatures, checks silo’s aeration, and processing grades in acceptable tolerances.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work area and plant. Keeps equipment clean and presentable.
- Assists with maintenance and preventative maintenance of plant and equipment; assists with repairs.
- Assists in other areas of facility as well as other plants as needed.
Education and Experience
High School or GED; some field experience preferred; a valid driver’s license and CDL with endorsements helpful; forklift experience and endorsements.
Critical Success Factors
- Is open and reacts positively/productively to change; willingly takes on new challenges
- Able to work in a team environment, working cooperatively with other team members; willing to assist others
- Good mechanical aptitude and skills; able to effectively operate various processing equipment and troubleshoot/repair equipment malfunctions
- Works effectively in fast paced, demanding environment
- Listens well and follows direction from supervisors; open to receive input from supervisors and co-workers following up with appropriate actions
- Good math skills; understanding and application of basic math principles
- Working knowledge of bean and grain commodities, cleaning, storage, processing, grading, and shipping
- Is a self-starter with high level of initiative